- register your adsense account
this step seems to be pretty obsolete ;)
- create your adsense banner
just go ahead into your adsense-setup page and create the adsense block you like.
- blend the adsense banner into your website
use the same color for the text, the same background-color and border-color as you use on your website.
- create your own alternate ad
*Magic begins* google allows you to use an alternate ad, which will be shown if google has no ad that fits to your page. We will create our own ( howto for firefox users ):
- right-click on your adsense banner, -> “This Frame” -> “View Frame Source”
- copy/paste the displayed HTML-code into a new file. i.e. alternate_468x60.htm
- Edit the code to fit your needs. Insert your own ad, create clean code ;).
- upload the file to your webserver
- add your alternate url to the adsense code:
google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.kloeschen.com/alternate_468x60.htm";
- add a noscript ad
<noscript><iframe src="http://www.kloeschen.com/alternate_468x60.htm" width="468 height="60" frameborder="0"></iframe></noscript>
And now lean back and read your own free adsense seo book ;)